Saturday 1 January 2011

thrusting out the old, saluting the new


A few weeks back while ravaging through my old sketchbooks and stuff, I found a list of resolutions I had written with a friend in 2008. There were some 20 points, some of them general like keeping my room clean so it didn't look like Hurricane Paloma hit it, organize stuff (FAIL), less facebook, while others were involved with being a better person such as less swearing and being nice to dumb people. I think I crossed most of them off, the last was a bit of a pain.
This time, I will not be so ambitious.

Resolutions for 2011:

1. Find a job by Jan end.
2. Move base to a country where I know no one and no one knows me. And keep it that way.
   And if THAT doesn't work out, visit atleast ONE country that isn't India, Kuwait or the UAE.
3. Write something remotely decent that'll throw the world into shock and awe.
4. Make memories doing something totally unconventional, innovative, avant-garde. Things so thrilling, I'll never have trouble remembering them and will relish the thoughts of. Coz life is too short to be taken seriously.
5. Never, ever leave home without the camera and take a picture every time the thought 'I should take a picture of that' crosses my mind.

So far, so good.
For the first time in a loong time, I am strangely excited this new year's eve. It's always been like any other night for me. But tonight is different. I feel something, an intense energy, adrenaline throbbing in my veins, charging me up. And I feel this year holds promise, that it has great things in store.

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year!! =)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck :) and happy new year!
    Thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple moonbeam,

    It appears that you have taken a realistic approach to a New Years resolution. Most people are not realistic, but idealistic. Finding a job and taking nice pictures are crucial to my goal for 2011 as well! Good Luck. I hope you have a Bloggerific 2011!

    Peace & Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. being idealistic doesn't get one too far with the resolutions :P
    thanks a bunch and good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Exercise your freedom of speech!
Go on. You know you want to.